Bigfork Mountain Lake Lodge

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Memories


For you see, each day I love you more today,
 more than yesterday, and less than tomorrow.
- Rosemonde Gerard

"My boyfriend got down on one knee and proposed to me at Mountain Lake Lodge…it was so romantic and sweet…..I said YES!!!"

"My wife gives me the most fantastic Valentine’s day cards every year…..sometimes she makes them out of fancy paper and ribbons, or uses one of our favorite photographs (we take A LOT of photos), another year she bought a Hallmark card that had a gold heart ornament on the front – it is still sitting on my desk and it was six years ago."


"Ah, that's the trick--making something cheap that doesn't look like it. I've done a sonnet on parchment sealed with a ribbon and wax--that went over quite well."

"The ultimate memory was getting married on Valentine’s Day!!"

"I prefer to do something that shows that I put time and energy into it--cut a bouquet for flowers myself, or make chocolate roses. "


"Every year on our Anniversary and on Valentine’s day by husband has the florist fill a very special vase with a bouquet of flowers….it’s the same vase he gave me flowers in the very first time!"



"I’m allergic to flowers….I love to cook and entertain family and friends so he gives me cooking appliances ….turkey roaster with 3 compartments, waffle maker, electric skillet, a rice cooker and so on…..I love them all functional and just what I want!!!"



I get out of the car after work and my husband says “I’m hungry get me something to eat”. We walk in the door and there is a stuffed lion with a box of chocolates sitting on top of the TV. He plops down in his favorite chair and says “get me a glass of water” – so I went to the sink…. He says “no I want cold water out of the fridge”….I’m getting a little miffed!!! So, I go to the frig and open the door and there is a bouquet of beautiful red roses in the refrigerator for me. Next my husband says “get me some socks”…..I’m so pissed by this time……. but I go all the way downstairs to get him some socks… and in with his socks is a box with ruby ring in it for me (ruby is my birthstone).

Another, Valentine’s Day when I was pregnant….my husband says "I’m going home from work early" – I say OKAY – when I get home the furniture has been re-arranged and a new vanity in place – with two dozen red roses on top of it and a ring box with an emerald ring in it (emerald signifying the birth month of our unborn child).

These two Valentine’s are the most memorable because he took a lot of time to PLAN out two great Valentine’s Day Surprises for me.

We would love to hear about your favorite Valentine’s Day…

1 comment:

  1. My boyfriend and I live in different worlds, literally. He moved back across the ocean after Christmas and so Valentine's was pretty sad for us, being thousands of miles apart... It was a great surprise to come home and have a delivery of lilies (my favorites) waiting for me. Made it a little easier to be so far apart.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!