Bigfork Mountain Lake Lodge

Friday, July 1, 2011

Evolutions and Revolutions: The Art of Lee Proctor

Evolutions and Revolutions: The Art of Lee Proctor Exhibit



Friday, July 1st  through Saturday, July 30th, 2011
at the Bigfork Museum of Art and History
Museum Open - Tuesday through Saturday 10 am – 5 pm

Lee Proctor a major part of the Bigfork art scene and began his career working in metal.

Lee expanded into glass a few years ago and continues to explore the boundaries of both media, sometimes incorporating both glass and metal with amazing results.

Lee’s work ranges from a small delicate bird sculpture to massive installations.

Bigfork Museum of Art and History
525 Electric Ave
Bigfork MT 59911
406-837-6927
http://www.bigforkmuseum.org/

Lee Proctor's Artist Biogrphy:

Born in Newport News VA. 1953  I grew up along the banks of Chesapeak Bay, Chasing lizards and swimming all the time.

My pathway to art began in Florida in 1972 with the gift of a camera for high school graduation. It changed my way of looking at the world. I studied light, shadow and composition. The colors of the tropical seas were a constant inspiration.

Following a vision, I moved to Montana and changed my major from ecology and animal behavior to studio art. I took every class available, from creative writing to sculpture.

Being in the power of the seasons and the magnificence of the pristine Montana landscape, I was transformed and knew from then on my life would be involved in the study of making art.

I finished my degree in Rochester New York and returned to Montana, built a studio, and began working mostly on commission, creating one of a kind site-specific functional sculpture in forged metals.

In 2003, I attended Pilchuck Glass School to learn the basics of hot casting and glassblowing. We built a hot shop here in Bigfork, Montana and we are exploring new glass techniques, combining this most exciting material with various forged metals. I can see that the possibilities are endless and I feel honored to have the opportunity to follow this dream. Lee Proctor

Email: proctorstudios@centurytel.net







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!