Bigfork Mountain Lake Lodge

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Fresh Blanket of Snow

We received a fresh blanket of snow last night (about 5 inches).




"The color of Spring is in the flowers; the color of winter is in the imagination."
-Terri Guillemets

How do you imagination winter.......
  • Clear deep blue sky and crisp clean air
  • Wind in my face as I ski down a black diamond run at Whitefish Mountain Resort
  • Fluffy white blankets of snow everywhere
  • Curled up by the fire with a book and a steaming mug of Montana Coffee Traders coffee
  • Long nights of darkness
  • Quilting a quilt as a gift for my friend about to have a baby
  • Cold, white, blustery, slippery, wet, windy, snowy, beautiful, frigid, sparkly, polished, gray
  • X-country skiing in to and out of Jewel Basin
  • Crystaline snowflakes falling, and falling, and falling
  • Theraputic ice-fishing perched on my favorite white bucket set between two ice-fishing holes drilled through 14 inches of ice
  • Sipping my favorite beer at Flathead Lake Brewery
  • Snow-shoeing my favorite trail along the river near Lake McDonald Lodge in Glacier National Park
  • Family time
  • Working on the finishing touches of a scrapbooking project for my Granddaughter
  • Snow ghosts at the Summit of  Blacktail Ski Mountain
  • The exhilaration of Snowmobiling at Crane Mountain, Hungry Horse Dam, or the Skyline Trail
  • Whooshing down the slopes is pretty darn fun, on my snowboard of course
  • Snowed in at my favorite lodge
  • Participating in the Polar Bear Plunge on New Year's Day at Woods Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!