Bigfork Mountain Lake Lodge

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Special Valentine


“Love is like the wind,
you can’t see it but you can feel it.”

Each of us have numerous Valentine’s in our lives......maybe it’s your husband, children, grandchildren, wife, significant other, a very good friend, or maybe even the elderly neighbor lady that has just lost her husband.
There are so many ways to express the love you have for the Valentine’s in your life.

When asking friends what Valentine’s Day they remember the most the responses are as varied and unique as each of them are….


One of my friends collects heart rocks…..her husband made a cool coffee table with the heart rocks inlaid into the top with glass over it. Kudo’s!!!




 Another friend says he cooks a very delicious lobster dinner (his specialty) at home for he and his wife for Valentine’s Day, complete with Champagne.



Date night where we cook a yummy chocolate (of course) dessert together (sometimes the dessert doesn’t turn out how we planned) but the memory we created is a priceless tradition for our Valentine’s Day.


In the past, it's been poetry, chocolates, breakfast in bed, once I got her flowers delivered at work.


As a grandma it is always a fun bonding time to make heart sugar cookies with my grandchildren. We might end up with frosting on our faces, hands and aprons….but the smiles and the giggles are worth all of it for having time together. And the cookies are so delicious….YUM!!!




Heart Necklace keepsakes…..they are all unique I love shopping for a new one for my wife’s heart necklace collection.




Early in the morning I write a love note on the mirror to my valentine so she is surprised when she gets up in the morning. At night I put red rose petals in the shape of a heart on the bed.


One year I carved a pair of entwined wooden hearts.


We would love to hear about your favorite Valentine’s Day…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!